Pedometers Work. If You Get Up.
Posted: June 13, 2012 at 11:50 am
Yesterday Dustin DiTommasso and I presented at the 2012 Games for Health Conference in Boston. We shared how Hotseat works and we also shared the thinking that went into building it.
Some of the points we made were:
- Pedometers only work if you get up
- 10,000-step programs are soul-crushing to those who walk little today
- It’s easier to get up when someone’s counting on you
- Small bits of movement add up to meaningful activity
- Badges are not the only way to motivate people
- Giving people multiple ways to play makes for a flexible, inviting experience
We were delighted to be a part of this lineup and to learn from others who are also looking to mobile to power individual and community health.
View our slides.
Leave a Reply